Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WHITE WEDNESDAY

Hello Everyone:)

Happy White Wednesday! I am writing this on Tuesday evening and getting ready for a really really white Wednesday. We are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow an hour, I hear. Also lots of wind and white outs. Should be an interesting 24 hours. Buy hey, this is New England and this is how we roll:)So you know what I will be doing tomorrow. That's right, watching  Don plow the driveway from inside of a nice warm home..............and then I will go out and shovel. Can't let him do all of the hard work.lol


 I am joining Kathleen at FADED CHARM for White Wednesday. Stop buy her blog and check out all of the gorgeous whites. White Wednesday is always so much fun.
 I dressed my sofa in the solarium in its winter whites. Cozy, cozy:)
 I found some time to spend in the studio and put this little hamper together with vintage millinery flowers and lace. Isn't she  adorable? Also making some other things for a show that Nicole and I are doing in a few weeks. Can't wait!
 White wings and ballet slippers. Sounds like the title of a song:)
 Love this chair (I have two). Bought them from Maine. I love chairs! Do you? I am always looking for another one to recover or paint. Always lots of room to sit around here:)
 This is the window I will be watching all of the snow come down through. Love old pretty bottles. The first one has roses around the whole middle. I have never seen another one like it.
 Have you started decorating for Valentines Day yet? I have;)  Just little touches here and there.
 Now, who doesn't love little well worn baby shoes? Too cute.
I have a few plants;) and am always rooting new ones. Even little sprigs give a touch of life in a small space.

Please, if you can, read my last post. You might find it interesting, it is short;) We plan on starting next Tuesday but am having a hard time finding the "linky?" Can anyone help and tell us where it is? It is a major part of our idea. Thank you soooooo much in advance. I appreciate it.

Well, gotta go and check on the chicken soup I am making.MMMM  MMMMM:)

`Till next time.......
~Debra XXX

25 comments:

  1. Very pretty white, Debra...I love the crown and those gorgeous wings! I like the cute little hamper, too. Do you use it for storage?

    We are getting quite a bit of snow here in the Midwest, I think we might need your plow! Stay warm and dry!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debra
    Love Love the images!!! Oh and I still see that you are having snow stay warm and healthy!! Have a very blessed White Wednesday

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your solarium is GORGEOUS!! I just love how you have it dressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures, I especially love the couch with all of those beautiful pillows!!!
    Blessings~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Debra... your Solarium... it's enchanting, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Thanks for stopping by my Post today and giving me your condolences about my near win... ummm, sounds better than a loss right? *wink* But I have a very upbeat Post ready about it for tomorrow... Grandson just inspired me moments ago with a profound statement and solution! I just love the wisdom of youth, they still believe everything and anything is possible! No, I cannot take credit for that delightful little sewing box covered in Belgian Velvet, I found it at a booth for only $12 and fell in love with it, someone took the time to finish both the outside and the interior beautifully and it's so useful for my sewing notions.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  6. here ya go dear - it's the one I use for Project Genesis : D

    http://www.linkytools.com/

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that couch with all its white goodness, your white images are beautiful!
    Enjoy the snow!
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos of your sun room. Just gorgeous!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the crowned cherub and the pretty, old hamper you dressed up. I want that weathered chair! The vintage bottles are gorgeous too. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay safe and warm in the snow. Love the post - beautiful! Happy White Wednesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.mcklinky.com/
    Found this...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sofa in the solarium - gorgeous! I have some old ballet shoes that I have been saving for a special project - love the blingy bits on yours. Can't wait to see more pretties! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Happy White Wednesday ~ Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sofa sure looks cuddle-worthy!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *

    PS: I'm having a 400th post giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So how was the soup??? I read your post last night from my phone and the snow was coming down like crazy then at 2 am. Why I was up that late I can't tell ya?
    Love your new header btw and all your pretty white things. Everytime I see your blog I'm reminded of that time in Sept. WHat a gorgeous home you have and it shows how much you two love it. ME TOO!
    Stay warm!!!

    x
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LOVE your photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmm good stuff!!! just beautiful!!!!!!!
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debra, How lucky to have a husband that builds for you! I am the woodworker in the house, my Deano is the judge and very helpful with that. Happy White Wednesday to you and I love everything especially the LAMPSHADE! So cool. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this room-so cozy and pretty! That couch looks so comfy and the vintage details are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debra, don't you think I would recoup better at your house??? Say, sitting on that sofa and eating some of your chicken soup. I just know I would. I would even leave my bell at home. What do ya say...huh, huh...can I, can I???
    Your home is so gorgeous. I love it so much, Everything about it.
    I think your idea for Tuesdays is a great one. I wish I had things to sale. I would definitely join in. But I will be over to see what everyone has in their shops. Great idea!
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! Hope you are staying toasty warm. Happy WW!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything look so warm and inviting! How did you like all that snow yesterday...18" at least here!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cozy, indeed! I want to plant myself on that sofa ane not get up til it's 75 degrees outside. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and cozy room and the vignettes are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing today.........Julian

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Debra, Just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes, I really appreciate it. Simone xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dying here over your solarium! You can decorate for me any day :) NIce roses bottle! I saw a different one in some etsy shop recently but forgot which. I love the hamper, good idea :)

    ReplyDelete