Monday, November 14, 2011

VIXEN ELVES ON DUTY

Hello Everyone:)
How are you all? You may have heard , we had a Noreastern. That's right, lots of snow on trees that were still full with leaves.  Our power, heat, water, phone was out for 8 days.

It wasn't pretty.  I will say this though, with all of the strange storms that we have been having we are getting quite resourceful with how we handle them. And talking to other people in town, we all share different ideas with each other. It has been a learning experience:)


I won't inudate you with tons of snow pictures, theres lots of time for that. But this is what the entire State of Ct looked like. We had gone to a show on Saturday evening in the snow and on the way home we had to actually dodge fallen trees on the highway! A little scary.


Our yard is such a mess with fallen trees, broken fences etc. But even with all of the destruction, along with no power, I felt very blessed. Our family and friends were all safe and our home was fine. People have gone through much worse than this. There is a lot still to clean up but we will do it and move forward. And we will have lots of firewood for quite a long time:)

                      In other news....

       Nicole and I have been very busy Vixen Elves;)
 We have been making Christmas ornaments for a great little shop we sell in called 'Serendipty' in Litchfield, CT. I will have photos of this shop later in the week. You are going to love it:)
  We have a Christmas music theme going on this year.
   Have you made any ornaments or Christmas decorations this year????
                                   Vintage candy canes.

 Don and I celebrated our 32nd Wedding Anniversary on November 3rd. We went away and look at what we found. LOL
Can you imagine the look  on the faces of the parents of the child/children who surprised them on their Anniversary????Priceless:)


It's good to be back posting. I'll be around to see what you all have been up too:)




`Till next time.............................................
~Debra xxx

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Mine is also November 3rd...although I have a couple of years on you.
    Love the photo of the barn! It would be amazing to come across that on your barn wouldn't it?
    Somehow I can't picture it on our garage though :)Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you guys had such a bad storm! Wow!

    Love the ornaments!

    tot

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Happy Anniversary

    I am loving those first oranments you have pictured.
    I am in an ornament exchange with a lady in England and need to get busy

    I am liking all your creations

    my gosh you got a lot of snow early. You know the snow will follow that same path all year so get stocked up with canned tuna and peanut butter LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that picture looks terrible! Most important thing you are all safe.
    Your ornaments look so pretty,the candy canes and the cone with the red tinsel are my favorites. I'm busy working on my spun cotton ornaments here.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. First Happy Anniversary, I thought at first that was your barn! Your ornaments are great, I have not made any this year, but I want to buy up the clear ornaments when they go on sale to use next year

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh--Happy Anniversary, Debra!!! How completely exciting!!! Did you two get married at 12? lol You look way too young to be married that long--and it is a total blessing. Congratulations on such a momentus occasion.

    Well, the vintage vixens have certainly been making the most GORGEOUS treasures--simply beautiful--I love it all and adore those bulbs!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even wrap my head around 8 days without power Debra. And you are still sane??? You sound sane!
    Dale and I celebrated our 39th on the 12th. Not that I mean to be a one-upper :-)
    I love all the pretties you have been making with Nicole. I've been doing a little for a little holiday show my daughter has roped me into doing on Sat. I have been having so much fun creating, but I just don't like the selling part. I have a hard time letting it go, except to my kids. I am what you would call an un-confident artist.
    hugs from here...
    8 days ~sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ornaments. The anniversary Barn is awesome! Just in case the barn didn't say it loud enough Happy anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok now I really feel guilty! 8 days and still having to clean up. I couldn't stand the one we lost power with. Though the quiet was nice but that's it.
    Love your ornaments....I know they'll fly!

    xxx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I'm so glad you are okay after that storm. I love your ornaments. They should be very popular.

    ReplyDelete