Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DECORATING AROUND THE BARN ON A SNOWY DAY

Hello everyone:)
Today we were home bound so I thought it was a good time to change some things around.
If you have been in our shop Maison St. Germain, in Woodbury, CT, you already know that we are always giving our little shop a fresh look by moving things around. Our homes are no different.
Can I tell you that this little black stinker, Finn, watches everything I do. It's like having two husbands. lol I just changed the settee a bit and of course he has to try it out.

 This is an example of what you can do with frames, mirrors and tin. I used to have game boards on this wall but this is more me right now. I made the pink shelf and added cream colored mirrors to it. You can see that frames are a work of art all by themselves. Add a little something in the middle and you get a unique look that reflects the things that you love.
                                                                       Just a fun wall now!
       I think children's little shoes are so adorable so I rested them on the shelf with small pretty tins.
                                                                      So old, so cute.
                               One of my heads with moss on her head sits on one of my beams.
 This is one of my newest paintings. We have some in the shop. and white collection of vases. I use them all at one time or another.
  Most of my windows have plants and pretty bottles on them. We also have pretty bottles in the shop. When the sun hits the blue and purple it is so stunning.
 I don't know why I collect the things I do so here is a collection of old brushes. I love every single one of them.
 Pretty and one of my favorite chicken ribbons. Stella, one of my Granddaughters collects ribbons with me . Have lots of horse ribbons in the shop.  We are looking for cow, sheep, goat,.......ribbons and it's fun when we are together when we find one.
                                   Here is one of my horse ribbons.
 I filled my old hanging scale with a succulent. And again we have one of these scales  in the shop:)
 French chair, fabulous red and white wool blanket, fun pillow, wooden box of candles and old rolling pins all in one place!
 Do you remember when we took out the cabinets and brought in this old farmhouse cabinet. I just cleaned it out and changed things around a bit and love how it came out. Favorite piece in our kitchen!!!! Those big chunky drawers are awesome.
                                  Ice skates inside of a wire cloche. The bottom is a wooden stool top.
                            One of my chandeliers that I created and my favorite  large statue:)
                                            A great wooden cubby filled with old white creamers.
                                                 Love this artist. All of his children are so beautiful.
             I have stained glass windows in almost every window. More fun bottles and plants.Love what the sun does to them.
                   Great teal screen door to my laundry room. I added burlap to the bottom. LOVE this door.
                       The smallest rack I have ever seen. I hung old doilies and dried flowers on it.

Stop in the shop and we will help you find some fun things for your home to make it 'you' and unique:)
Hope you enjoyed some of my changes in the barn. What are you up to? We are expecting more snow tonight so who knows what tomorrow will bring:)

'Till next time......................
~Debra xxx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Debra, for taking the time to visit me over at my place.
    Love that head, bust on the beam. As for the kitchen cabinet I to would find it to be one of my favorite kitchen pieces if not a favorite in the whole house.
    You have so many great pieces to inspire any ones home. It must be hard when you go on a hunting trip bringing these great finds back to then make a decision whether you want to part with them or not....in my case there would be a lot of not's!

    Keep inspiring your gathered and collected style, we love it.

    Xoxo
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see now why we are friends. . . . I too have a thing for childrens shoes! Oh, and this sentence cracked me up:

    "One of my heads with moss on her head sits on one of my beams."

    Hahahahahaha! Tooooo Funny :) xo P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home always takes my breath away Debra!!! One of my idols is Magnolia Pearls style and your home reminds me so much of hers. So rich with texture and beauty.
    I hope you are doing well this winter, and wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    many hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra, each time I visit I love it more and more! I think the wall on the stairs is perfect, you blend your pieces together so beautifully. My favorite is the sofa the cat is on. Love the fabric and the use of the crocheted pieces as trim, ...
    Gorgeous! Keep inspiring!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete