Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WHITE WEDNESDAY

Happy White Wednesday:)
I am a little late posting today and some of my photos do have color, but most of them are white. Carole from Maynard Greenhouse Blog has been giving me tips on my camera and photography so I am using a different setting today and love it. Her blog always features beautiful photos.

                                             Ironstone and brush.
 A vintage doll's pretty hat is worn by one of my statues. Love the mixture of flowers and feathers.
                                 Pretty little girl and some good books.
I have a few small cabinets with lots of drawers. This one holds a door knob and babys breath.

 This is part of my living room. You may remember the settee that I recovered. It is trimmed in white vintage lace. I was just having fun with the camera. The lanterns above on the beam are part of Don's collection.
 This wire basket holds a favorite plant and some old kitchen untensils.
 I just love old stained glass windows and have at least one in every window. The sun is so pretty when it shines through. This one is a favorite.
Some letter balls from' French Bleu Vintage' and an old photo. Love the lady's outfit.

 White ironstone, gloves and an ornament with a crown.
A lacy bedcover. Sooo pretty.

One of my antique dolls reading a good book:)

Hope you enjoyed my White Wednesday today. Join Kathleen for more pretty whites at Faded Charm (see side bar).
Carole also showed me how to add all of you whom I follow to my sidebar. I am doing it, but it is going to take a little while.So if you don't see your blog listed yet it WILL be up soon I promise:)

'Till next time.....
~DebraXXX

13 comments:

  1. Debra~~~~~

    Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, as is your home and all of your vintage treasures! I love the natural light coming in...no flash! Bravo!

    Happy Wednesday!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra
    Fantastic Photos on your white wednesday post. Hope that you are having a great week. I love all of your displays. Sending you hugs from Cali

    XO
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looove ya'lls style!! It's so chic and sweet! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your blog and would love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I also would like to invite you to like your creations up at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing all that natural lights streaming in really makes a huge difference. That lacy bedspread is gorgeous....you'll have to give us a closer look at that next post. You know me I'd be trying to wear it:))
    Still drooling over that settee. Now I'm on the look out for one of my own!
    Happy WW
    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling-love your stuff-especially the settee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm drooling-love your stuff-especially the settee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Wonderful photos of your vintage treasures and lovely home. Carole is a great photographer and a good teacher! Your blog is looking great!
    Take care,
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Debra, I'm IN LOVE with your Livingroom... the Sofa and Aqua Drawers!!! *swooning* Your Stained Glass Window looks like a Sister to one of my Salvaged Treasures... I adore old Stained Glass... cannot believe people chose to extract them from old Homes and replace them with modern windows! *Gasp* However... that said... it does give us the opportunity to reclaim them, right?! *wink* I'm thinking of recovering a fav old squishy oversized armchair and your style appeals to me... I had seen a Sofa by Carol Hicks-Bolton that I LOVED and kept a clipping of in hopes to recover a chair with something similar to one day. Your Livingroom reminds me so much of a lovely Barn she decorated in that aged elegance style that I adore!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is so stunning! This is just my style, so eclectic and romantic! Love! So happy to find your lovely little world, happy to be your newest follower! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your pictures are wonderful ~ and I'm loving the sweet little doll! Hope you are having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos look great. We are still learning how to take pictures. But we need to invest in a camera instead of useing our camera phones. Have a good day.....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT pics of such pretty white treasures! I'm not sure which I love best...
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debra
    Everything just looks fantastic! Maybe I will be able to join WW soon, things are starting to settle a little.
    Have a great weekend
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete