Friday, September 24, 2010

OKTOBERFEST

Hello Everyone:)

Is anyone else having trouble with blogger today? It won't let me put photos where I want to. I would like it back the way it was please:)

Anyway, tomorrow is our annual Oktoberfest. Lots and lots of fun. Don and his friends are home brewers and I am always told how great it tastes. I don't drink so I will just have to take their word for it. Once a year we have a yard full of friends and their children. It is something that everyone looks forward too. The phone and emails have been going all day with people stopping by to set up and help out. The kids have games, a pinata and this year there is a pirate theme. I love to watch them use their imaginations and meet yet again making memories. It is amazing how much they grow in one year. The adults have horseshoes, with trophies given to 1st 2nd and 3rd place. The home brews are also judged by everyone. When all of the ballets are counted the winners take home trophies too. It is a weekend party. Some will play 'corn hole' or other games and some will just sit and relax and enjoy the country. Everyone brings their favorite dish so there is lots of fabulous food to eat. At night we will camp out and have a great breakfast ,then everyone goes home and probably goes back to sleep. lol





The campfire is ready for smores with lots of seating to keep warm by.
 The wood is stacked and ready to burn into the morning.

 The horseshoes are ready for  competition.


The 'potty' has arrived.
The ice is chipped.
More seating to just sit and relax.    
Yes, tomorrow this driveway will be welcoming our friends to our home for the last celebration of the summer.

Hope you have a great weekend too.

'Till next time.....
~Debra XXX

5 comments:

  1. Oh Debra
    That looks like such fun!!!! I love the woodsy outdoor pics. I hope that your celebration is filled with much laughter and love.

    Have a wonderful time
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to this party! Off to make a dessert!!!

    xxx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous, Debra! When I lived in Germany, we would walk in the woods and see stack of wood - but your stack looks so cozy with the huge bon fire!!

    Have fun!!

    Elizabeth
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful time. I love the look of all those logs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debra ~ Yesterday was a HOOT!! Your place is amazing. It was so nice to finally meet you and Carole and Nicole and the pups. Ron and I couldn't have thought of anyplace else we would rather be on our anniversary. I think he's got the beer-brewing "bee in his bonnet" now. What a great day ~ thanks again.

    ReplyDelete