Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WINTER WONDERLAND

LOOK at what we woke up to this morning.  About 6 inches of the soft, white, fluffy stuff! It is sooo pretty.


                                       This is our Barn.
It was built in the 1700s and has seen a lot of snow. Instead of housing farm animals, it now houses Don, me and our menagerie. It is a fun place to live.

I topped off all of the bird feeders last night so our feathered friends could have breakfast in the morning. They were very happy when I looked out to check on them this a.m.




This is going down our looong driveway from the Barn.  Not good for my little car in the snow.



This little stream  trickles down from the woods. The more it snows or rains the wider and prettier it gets.



A lovely grand tree.




This is one of my favorite Christmas trees.  It looks so vintage but is not.  And it doesn't need to be decorated to be beautiful although it does have brown bells attached.


I put some greens in my white pitchers on the bakers cabinet.



         My mantel in the library decorated for the season.

Hope you enjoyed my White Wednesday.  I will be by to see all of yours.  Thank you Kathleen at Faded Charm for creating White Wednesday.

'Till next time.....
~Debra

13 comments:

  1. The snow is so beautiful and perfect timing, don't you think? I also enjoyed your white christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing.

    Take care and stay warm.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st...I LOVE your BURLAP pillows...soooo pretty!

    2nd...That little tree is AWESOME!!!

    3rd...I'm soooo jealous of your SNOW...it's in the 70's here today!

    4th...thanks for coming by for a visit...please come back again!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love the vintage look of your barn covered in snow- it could be any time at all!
    And your mantle and tree are inspired for the season.
    Happy WW!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Charmed giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No white...Only green with envy at that barn!!!!!!!
    Oh MY oh MY! The White Woods- Makes me long for my former home in Western PA. sigh.

    Lovely,just lovely Debra

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that looks soooo beautiful and cold! Love the little brown tree. Love the Merry Christmas on the round mirror. LOVE the brown burlap pillow with the flowers. Ok, I will not try to want all your lovely things!!! Thanks so much for visiting at my blog today...please come and visit sometime again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debra!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a great blog! Your barn is fabulous! Oh, and how I wish I could see snow again this year...it never snows here! It did last year and that was such a treat! And I LOVE your pillows! I can't wait to go and check out your shop!

    Take care,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I love that barn and your wonderful decorations, they are amazing and wonderful, here in ca. don't get to see much snow, it sure looks so beautiful...I will be back again, love the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debra ~
    I just love your house! How nice it must be to live in a restored barn. And your snowy landscape is dreamy :+)
    Your holiday decorations are so pretty! My favorite is the sweet little tanenbaum with the bells on it
    :+D
    Happy Wednesday!
    xoxoxo
    Franny

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG,
    Is that pretty! It's a winter wonderland. You live a an amazing place and your decorating is beautiful, and exactly what I like.
    Thanks for stopping by to visit.
    I am going to add your blog to my blog list.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv your barn!!!
    What a beautiful winter wonderland....brrrr :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my...hang around my blog long and you'll know that i have a thing for barns. your barn home is absolutely amazing!!
    and you are right ~ the snow is beautiful.
    happy holidays~
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your barn is gorgeous...I love barns...and your snowy photos are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debra I am so in love with your home AND your barn. Everything looks just magical. What a gift it is to have that barn. I have always wanted one of my own.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete