Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FABULOUS FLEA MARKET FINDS!

Hello Everyone:)One of my FAVORITE flea markets The Elephant's Trunk opened early this year because of our mild Winter!!!!!!Thank you Mother Nature;) I can not explain how excited I get going to it. I wanted to share my fabulous finds this week:)
 We are going to be replacing our counter / sink area. It is horrible so when I saw this WOODEN AND ENAMEL dish drainer I almost screamed with delight! It is the perfect solution for my ugly counter. Even when we replace it I will probably still use it as I love it.
 It came out of an old stone home and now lives happily in my old barn:) Goosebumps!
 You know how much I love burlap and burlap like things. When I saw this huge reel of webbing, I couldn't ask quick enough for the price. It is stamped;Made in India. I haven't unrolled it so I don't know if it says it through out. I think for now I will just keep it as is. I find such beauty in it:)
                                           MMMMMMMMMM:)
                                    Come on you love it too, don't cha'?
                    I bought this little iron stand from my friends Linda and Jim.  I'm not sure what it was used for. Any ideas?
               It has lots of great detail and is very heavy.  I haven't found a spot for it yet so I thought since
 it is such a gorgeous warm day out today that I would take it out to photograph it.
There's more but wouldn't you know it, my camera battery died. Looking forward to going back to the market. Love seeing my fleaing friends again, chatting and treasure hunting. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
How was your weekend? Are your flea markets open yet?


Joining Kathleen at Faded Charm today for White Wednesday! Hi Kathleen:) AND http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/. Hi girls:)
`Till next time...........................
~Debra xxx

17 comments:

  1. I would love shopping there! Be sure to share if you find out what the original use of the iron stand. love what you bought

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great place to shop! I love your draining board and that roll of burlap is going to last you a million years! Great finds!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit it...I DO love the burlap reel, but not NEARLY as much as that cool stand! Happy Tuesday, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI GIRLS :) HOW IS THE WEATHER FOR THIS WEEKEND? I'M THINKING OF MAKING AN IMPROMPTU TRIP :) CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra
    What beautiful finds!!! can't get over all of the chippy rusted goodness. Have a great week

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky gals near good fleas.. sigh...another reason I do NOT <3 Vegas... lol
    how is the other idea coming along? Tell me tell me... :D
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra I can't believe all the awesome things you find. That little stand about made me faint!!! I did a little treasure hunting today too and it is always so much fun isn't it? You never know what you'll come home with : )
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time finding great items at the flea market!
    I'm your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I LOVE THAT LITTLE RUSTY TABLE> It is just tooo perfect.
    Second to that love that rusty scoop you got. I'm drooling!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!
    ... sounds like a great place to shop - and spend hours shopping :)

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking it might be a thing that was attached to a stove to hold coffee or something.
    I love the drainer!!! Never seen one of either of those items.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luscious Lucsious TREasure!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE The Drainer!

    Soooooooooo Happy that the flea is back!

    See you Sunday!

    xo P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Girls,
    Oh, what fun! Nothing gives me more pleasure than stumbling upon something that makes my heart skip a beat! You hit the motherlode! My fav hands down is the little stand. I don't know what it is, but I love it!!! The detail on top is amazing! The link is open so, please join the party!
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Debra what fabulous finds (the burlap is my favourite)! I just had to pop across and say a huge thank you for your lovely message!!!!! Sending warm wishes from an old farmhouse in England - Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was waiting for this post Debra! Ah...that enamel and wood dish drain is awesome! Great find! Glad you had a good time...maybe I'll see you there in a few weeks. It is indeed, fun, fun, fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff Debra!
    Wish this flea wasn't so far away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. jealous you have such a great flea market

    ReplyDelete