Thursday, August 26, 2010

CUPBOARD REDO GETTING TAGSALE READY


Hello Everyone:)


I have been purging and getting things ready for a tag sale we are going to have this weekend. It really feels so good to get rid of things. I will probably have one more tag sale before the end of the season.
So this means moving things around for a new look. For me it's fun. One of my favorite things to do.


I wish I could find the 'before' photo of this cupboard when I bought it. It was so dirty and looked really bad. But  I saw potential and thought it would be the perfect piece to keep some of my vintage linens. I found the trim at one flea market and bought the cupboard at another. Love when that happens.Don't they look great together.  After a nice paint job I moved it to out 1st floor foyer. I love how it came out:)


I put my blue collection on top of it.



Added a basket of flowers.
I love this little sweet girl dressed in soft pretty colors. She is perfect next to the cupboard.


This bench is one of the treasures I bought from Maine. I was looking for a table to cut down the legs for in front of the sofa but when I saw this and it was only $25.00 I knew it was coming home with me. The old blue wooden box holds the kid's books, they love books like me;) When Stella was a baby and I babysat we would lay in bed and I would put the TV on a learning channel for her and I would read. She wanted to do the same. So we would lay there reading and watching TV and she still reads every night with a little flashlight in bed before she falls asleep. Nicole recently found a pile of books under her bed. LOL I love it:)


I decided to put my gorgeous millinery flower head piece on this bust on the bench. I just love this piece so much!

I bought this big brown and white bowl a while ago at a market. Sometimes the things I bring home have to find their own purpose. It is large enough to hold some of my books and look pretty all at the same time, who knew. Have you seen the 'Junk Books' yet? I have three of the collection.

Don bought me this fabulous antique lantern. I fell in love with it. It is just so different. Back in the day they would put wicks down those little shafts, fill it with kerosene and light them. Now, I know it is a lantern but wouldn't this be a great piece to put flowers in? I was thinking something pink:)
Well, I have to get dinner going  and then I'm off to price all of the tag sale things tonight, so I gotta go.Hope you enjoyed my post today. What are you up to?

'Till next time......
~Debra XXX

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the blue cabinet with your collections on top. The little details finish the piece off great.
    I remember you saying you had bought a new coffeetable and it's the perfect compliment to the other small chairs.
    Your grandkids must have a blast at your house. What a cool grandma they have.
    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those blue pieces clustered together look just gorgeous :) And I just wanted to say thank you for introducing me to the Wedding Cake house. I have put up a blog about it today. Just gorgeous, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cupboard and the way you painted it! The blue pottery is beautiful and that bench is just perfect! I've been looking for one like that for myself!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait!! Huh, Tag Sale? When ...where - Ive got 4 baseball games and a toddler in tow - but Im there. I'll email you. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy oh boy....I wish I lived close....I wanna come to your tag sale.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupboard is just divine!
    And I sure would be at that sale if I could! I know you have some FAB loot up for grabs! :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG i love your cupboard!!!!! Your house much be so beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by my new blog!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love, love, love getting to peek inside your beautiful home Debra. Yes, I love that cupboard and I am lovin' that blue bench soooo much.
    Thank you for your lovely comment Debra. I don't think you'll ever know how it touched me, and for you to take the time means so much.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friend, thank you for you sweet comment on my blog. My sergery was a success. He got all of the cancer. A big mass and 1/2 of the Thyroid. I'm home now and recovering very well. Thanks for your prayers.

    Your cabnet is wonderful and I've never seen a blue display that that. Amazing.

    big hugs
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH DEBRA....I want to come play at your house. Everything is DARLING!!!!
    I am a "new follower" and excited to see what else you come up with.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog...
    Hugs, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete