Tuesday, June 23, 2015

MUD ROOM IN THE BARN

Hello everyone:)
I've been very busy working on redoing our mudroom. I have cleaned, deleted, painted and redecorated it and am almost done. I was excited to show you what I have done already. I hope you like it.

I
 This is going down stairs into the mudroom. I painted the top portion of the stairs a pretty blue. The bottom I had painted and plastered a while ago but I still really like it, so it stays. These are the original barn stairs. LOVE them:) I hung only my favorite vintage photos back up and gave the others away. That is a wool tube that was used to transport wool.
   I have collected over the years select mirrors for this wall.
                                    Another view looking up the stairs.
I love fabric and paper covered boxes. I only have a few, but they are enough to make a pretty display on top of a cupboard.
 If you look closely you can see that this great wreath is made of 100s of tiny paper flowers. It is really amazing all the work that went into this wreath.
When I bought this cupboard, it was such a mess. I saw potential in it. I added the bow appliques and painted it cream and blue. It now holds my linens.  The needlepoint suitcase in front of it is a new find. I have never seen one like this before. Again, so much talent and work. Love that.

 I found this fabulous piece of teal tin and nailed it to the front of a shelf for a one of a kind. Old pitchers sit on top while straw hats hang from the bottom. I am going to add millinery flowers and vintage trim to them.
                 A small bench made from a bed awaits us to sit and take off our boots.
           Fergie was supposed to be helping me but.......................
                  A wooden cubby was perfect for flower pots, some vintage, some just pretty.
My Granddaughter Stella and I collect ribbons. So far we have horse , chicken and cattle ribbons. We sell the horse ribbons in the shop. I love to read the backs because some have notes written on them by the horse owners or judges.


 The cutest size hamper. I decorated it with vintage linens, ribbon and millinery flowers. It is perfect for glove and mittens.
 This area is the last place that I need to work on. I hung the old tin that I bought from PA. It came out of a church. The armoire holds jackets and coats, scarves in the drawer. The wood on the side of it will become hand painted signs and the cabinet to the left will have to find a new spot or new home.
                                                  Pretty detail and knobs.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by.
'Till next time.......................................................
~Debra xxx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful space! I love how you have decorated with all your pretty vintage finds. And that tin shelf, oh my goodness. It's really lovely. Thank you for sharing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzanne, but not as many treasures as I had;) lol I'm very happy with the results. Can't wait to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous... and yes, those Stairs are Divine! Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you Dawn. You are always so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your space is so unique and filled with SO many wonderful vintage treasures! Love it! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! It's really lovely. Thank you for sharing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! It's really lovely. Thank you for sharing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! Beautiful space! I love how you have decorated with all your pretty vintage finds. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete