Sunday, December 16, 2012

Newtown, CT

By now you probably have all heard about the horrible murders of the  innocent, precious children and adults here in CT. Newtown is about 25 minutes from our little town. It is a sweet little town with wonderful people. I will never understand why someone would kill babies, most shot more than once, and staff at the grammar school. He had to have been mentally ill and evil. I am really at loss of words for this tragedy. But I have been praying for them and their families and friends to be able to heal after this. I don't know that I would ever be able to.
That has got to be the hardest thing these people will ever have to do in their entire lives.


I had the girls over my house while Nicole was at the shop and she texted me to hug the girls extra hard for her. I hugged and kissed them, told them that I loved them then put them into the truck and brought them straight to Nicole. She needed them to be with her and I understood. I think that everyone has hugged their children a little longer in the past few days. Along with the little children being murdered there were also heroes that were  as well. They gave their own lives to save others.

I have a lot of feelings about the whole sad situation, guns, responsibilities, taking God out of our schools etc.........But I don't feel this is the place to get political. What I do know is that prayers are something that we can all do (if you pray),  If you don't maybe now wouldn't
hurt to start. That is what I will be doing until I hear that I am needed to help in some other way.

Hug your loved ones extra. Life is so beautiful but so unsure. Tell them you love them.

'Till next time...
~Debra xxx

10 comments:

  1. Yes life is beautiful and so is unborn life. I pray for all the lives lost as well as precious little lives that are taken due to abortion every day as well. Terrible terrible and unjust things are done in this world everyday. We must pray for an end.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking over this tragedy! With being a teacher, myself, I can only imagine the fear that these precious children and wonderfully heroic teachers felt! I am holding everyone in that community close to my heart and close in prayer!

    Many Blessings for Healing!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sorrow is unfathomable.... prayers are going up across the world..<3

    ReplyDelete

  4. I agree , pray and hug your loved ones

    and please somebody bring back mental health care facilities

    ReplyDelete
  5. So horribly sad. I feel that it is unfortunately something that we could not have predicted and their lies the scariest part of all. We can't lock up every unbalanced person.
    We live in an uncertain world and we need to take each day as a gift.
    hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed a nice post! I am also from the SEO background and love to enjoy reading fresh posts on this subject. I would like to thank you for writing this post and now I am your regular reader as I have subscribed your blog in my RSS reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning My Friend!

    (Miss You!) Can you spread the word on our Newtown Scarf Project for Sandy Hook???

    Knit? Crochet? Sew?? We are making scarves for the 80 staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown. Please visit www.sentimentallyme.blogspot.com for information, and read up on my own family's connection to Newtown.

    Please help spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debra , I'm in Naugatuck, my son hung out at Dawn's house (the principle) as a teen. I prayed for God to give me a word about this heartbreak. I started to remember a story I had heard a few days before about Longfellow, the day he wrote the song " I Hear The Bells On Christmas Morn." Here's the link - I hope it helps :)

    Www.lavenderbetweenthecracks.blogspot.com

    It was in the Newtown, Naugatuck and Fairfield patch but the one on my blog has the pictures with it.

    God Bless you this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps Where is your shop? I go to New Morning at least once a week !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thinking of you since this awful tragedy happened Debra. I understand how Nicole just needed to hold her babies. I wonder if we will ever heal from this. Not even 4 days after this happened in Newtown, a suicidal father showed up at my two grandson's grade school in Boise, Idaho trying to get his son out of school. The school was immediately locked down. It had to be an awful experience for the teachers of that school not knowing why the lock-down after Newtown. Thankfully my grandsons are too young to know why the lock-down even happened. Ember said they weren't even aware of it happening.
    I hope that you and Nicole are okay and you are in my prayers.
    much love...

    ReplyDelete