Monday, April 30, 2012

A WEEKEND FLEA MARKETING IN PA

Hello everyone:) 
How was your weekend? Don and I took a little get-a-way to PA for a few days. We went flea marketing and antiquing for four full days!!!!! Don's SUV was so packed, we couldn't fit another thing in it. If we'd had only brought the truck:)

 I wanted to take you on a little tour of the things that we saw at the markets. Depression glass is always present. I don't collect it but know ladies who do. It is very pretty.
 I have shown you this little house in the middle of the flea market before. This lady is one of the most creative woman I have ever met. She re purposes EVERYTHING!  She is amazing! A must stop every trip!
 This market was in a nice area with lots of trees throughout. It is nice in the warm weather but this weekend was soooooo cold. Not to worry. We were prepared with warm clothes and gloves.

      This was such a pretty display. This dealer actually has a little shop too. Lots of great things.
 That 'eggs' sign spoke to me. I wonder why I didn't buy it? Hmmmm
                   And who doesn't love bowls of lace and shells???
             OK, this is why I wanted to bring the truck!!!!! I have been wanting one of these for so long and it was only $30.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It even has wheels.
 More primitives and look at those awesome gourds.  Cute little cracked shelf made of old lattice.
 This particular flea market has 3 outbuildings and the rest of the dealers are out in the field.
 This sweet woman let me take a couple of pictures of her booth. LOVE that cabinet. She said it was going to use it as an island in her kitchen but plans changed. IF ONLY I HAD THE TRUCK! I had her card but can't find it. She told me she sells online. So if by any chance you are reading this and know who she is please let me know because she has a great eye for treasures and I want to share:)
 Another shot of her booth. Look at that tall cabinet. WHY OH WHY DIDN'T WE BRING THE TRUCK:)
 The woman that sold the next few pictures of things has a great eye too. She will be at Brimfield which is great because I will surely go back to her.
             Lots of crystals. I bought some old bobeches from her.
                                           Great selection of canning jars.
                                                               Boxes and lace.
                                    I bought a great frog from her too.
                                                                Awesome door!!!!!!!!!!!
  These are some of the things I brought home. The white yo yo tablecloth is one of my favorite things.
     Fell in love with this hand tinted photo. Isn't it beautiful?
                                       Picked up some of these too. I hope she brings more to Brimfield. I put them in my old bottles. Love the look.
 Someone had sewn a bunch of feed sacks together to make a giant laundry bag and I bought it! I am using it as a tablecloth on our French farm table. Brought home the large ironstone bowl, the white enamel pail and the beautiful geranium too.
   Love this long white wicker basket. I filled it with different old jars.

                       Aren't these the best drawers evah? Couldn't come home without a couple;) 


Well, I hope you enjoyed my photos of the flea markets in PA. I will share more of that pretty State this week with you so stay tuned.................................................


'Till next time,
~Debra xxx

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos Debra! And..,I love all your treasures...Sounds like a great four days in PA with your Don! Maybe I'll see you at Brim!
    Take care, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg for sure, girl I wish I had been with you , that blue cabinet is must have for both of us,
    I am wanting to hit a great flea market so bad

    I sure enjoyed all the pictures, the long wicker piece can be used for so many things love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely kelly green with envy <3
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I would have needed a Truck AND a U-Haul! *Winks* Our Oldest Daughter & her Family live in PA... humnnnnn... this has me thinking of a Summer Road Trip back East to visit Family and do some major Junquing... *Winks*

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it justt the way when u bring the big truck u find only smalls. Love what u did ring home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debra ~ HEY!! Why didn't you bring the truck? LOL. All that stuff is awesome. I do love that canvas laundry cart. I would have tied it up to the back of Dons car and rode the whole way home in it. Sounds like you had a nice mini vaca. Lunch soon - as soon as the weather stabilizes into something warm and sunny would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks SO MUCH for your kind words on my blog about our May Cottage of the Month feature! I'm very much an amateur decorator, but I have loads of fun... mostly when I'm lugging loads of stuff from flea markets! Sounds like you enjoy the same and what great stuff! Yes, those drawers are the best evah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fabulous road trip...thanks for sharing!
    I am planning on going to Brimfield too, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love! Which market were you at in PA? I would love to do a blog roll exchange with you. Let me know if you are interested!
    DeDe@vintageandflea.com

    ReplyDelete