Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Everyone:)

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? We went to three flea markets this weekend! Yes three;) I wanted to share some of the finds that I brought home.



 You have heard me talk about my favorite flower guys before. They never dissapoint me. This week I bought Sweetheart Roses and put them into little containers all over the house. I love this color.
 This is an old sewing cabinet. One side is gone but I liked it. It is covered with fabric and has great glass knobs.
 It is in my livingroom for now. Not sure if it will stay here;) See the side opens?

                 I fell in love with this ' Victorian stick basket'.
 I filled it with tin flowers and placed it on top of some gardening books.
 Canning trophy! LOVE this!!!! I actually bought this a few weeks ago but didn't post it. Have I mentioned that I am going to attempt to can this year? Do any of you can? Is it easy? My grandmother used to do it all of the time.
 A couple of weeks ago I introduced myself to Lisa of Serendipity Chic Designs. She was surprised that I recognized her from her blog. We really hit it off and are becoming friends. She is very sweet, as is her adorable family, and ever so talented. Check out her blog. She is always doing something creative. She only lives about 25 minutes from me so this could be so much fun:) I have bought some of her wonderful creations. The above 'cafe' sign was perfect for my kitchen island.
And I LOVE this vintage sign made by Lisa too. The mercury glass ornaments , ironstone platter and flowers are also flea market finds. I will show you some of the other things I got from her pretty booth in future posts.

Hope you enjoyed my finds for the week. It was so beautiful outside today. In the 70's!!!! I was out side planting things. Hope they take. See you all tomorrow for Bloggers Bodega. We are going to have a give a way. See this blog tomorrow for details;)

`Till next time.....
~Debra XXX

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that canning trophy is a great find! I think it is serendipitous that you found it when you are planning to learn to can... it must me you will be a natural at it! I look for trophys all of the time, one day I will stumble on one I just know it and then let the happy dance begin! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs look so perfect where you put them. You have such a knack for finding the perfect spot for everything. That basket is unbelievable. And the metal flowers...WOW!!!

    I am inviting myself over for lunch one day so I can see all of your creations. BTW, what was the third flea besides the trunk and Woodbury?

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some very nice things. I had a great weekend too - library with my grandson and a baby shower for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra,
    I love it all!! You had a very successful trip. I especially love the vintage sewing cabinet.
    Wishing you a beautiful week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some really great pieces, Debra! Hooray for you. I love the sewing table. I am wondering what that is sitting on it...the white porcelain thing {lol!!}. I have one, too and don't know what it is! ;-D Help!!

    I do a little canning in the fall...salsa, jams, etc. It is easy but time consuming. It's a great way to enjoy your garden all winter long!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it all, Debra! I hope you had a great weekend...Oh, and I hope you will pop over and see my "Excursion into Beautiful" week...It is dedicated to all of my blogging friends~
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice rare finds! I stink at canning LOL although all the women in the family did it. Last year I had a success making maraschino cherries though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iam lovin that canning trophy!! Its not really hard to can, and is very rewarding! Iam going to be doing some this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I raising children, I canned every summer. Canned home-grown vegetables are so much tastier than the cans on supermarket shelves. I usually had enough to last through the winter. I figure if I could learn it, most anyone can. Ball Brothers has a booklet telling how to can any vegetable or fruit. I'm proud that Ball jars started in my city.
    Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debra ~ I've actually come to your blog through Lisa! I am one of her faithful Canadian followers! Your flea market finds are lovely as are Lisa's sweet signs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!
    Love all your finds...
    Especially the trophy!!
    Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete