I used new fabric and antique and vintage lace. I layered it until I got the look I was looking for.
This is the side. I used almost 20 yards of tulle gathered to make it look like a party skirt and then added vintage lace on top. The tulle is gathered throughout the back of the settee. Chocolate brown burlap covers the entire outside of the piece along with layers of lace and hand made roses.
Layers of lace from antique curtains and handmade roses with pearls and ribbon.
I pleated the arms instead of tufting them because the original buttons just fell apart, but I like the way they came out.
This would have looked so pretty in white but with grandchildren and it not being slipcovered I decided on the darker. And it works perfectly with my white slipcovered sofa and other things.
One project down, 387 more to go..............
'Till next time...